lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Include Original Text

From: Heather Stern
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Include Original Text
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 11:44:57 -0800 (PST)

I ate the fortune cookie first, then read what Matt Ackeret wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, David Combs wrote:
> >Maybe do it the way we are already familiar with: when
> >a site has a mail-to and we click on it, I end up in
> >VI, plus a question "include original text" or something
> >which I usually answer "no", then I just use the standard
>
> When does anyone ever answer yes?  I think that question is very
> annoying..  I never want to include a web page when mailing someone!

Indeed I do, when mailing webmasters who actively request commentary
on their site, and are lynx-ugly with "[IMAGE] This is our [INLINE]
Enjoy our whole site [ISMAP]" etc.

Usually webmasters who've requested commentary mare more open to correcting
problems their site generates for lynx and Other Browsers (whatever they
weren't using).  Of course, being steeped in HTML, I try to offer details
that are constructive, so it probably helps the presentation :)

In more limited circumstances I do have it quoted, but blow off all except
the relevant parts, similar to email.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         address@hidden
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - address@hidden
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078