lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Telnet Downloading from lynx

From: Dr. Juan-Carlos Lerman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Telnet Downloading from lynx
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 14:24:19 -0500 (EST)

Reply to message from address@hidden of Fri, 03 Apr

>to follow up on what jon said:
>
>> DEAR lynx masters:
>> Lynx is at trfn.clpgh.org. I ppp into nortcoast.com. I telnet from
>> nortcoast.com to trfn.clpgh.org. I Type in trfn hit return and lynx runs. I
>> try to download  a software program that is a Http link and lynx shows me
>> the kermit/zmodem prompt what do I do to get the data to my side of the
>> planet from clpgh.org. out of lynx. Should I print It mail it to myself?
>> How do I invoke the protocol from within telnet? I am not telneting to my

you invoke the protocol from your terminal emulator communications
software

if you are not familiar with the trfn setup and protocols supported
surely one of their volunteers can help you

also their extensive help files can be of interest

here is one of them discussing how to transfer files accessed via
trfn's lynx (notice that only trfn staff knows which of the many
transfer options available from lynx have been implemented in their
system):

Transferring Files

   Your method of transferring files depends on the method you have used
   to log into TRFN.

   1. If you connect to the TRFN from a computer with Internet access,
   you can use a file transfer protocol (ftp) program to transfer files
   to your TRFN account from your remote computer. Enter the host name
   as: trfn.clpgh.org, followed by your username and password where
   indicated.

   2. If you have dialed in to the TRFN, the file transfer program used
   is Kermit (TRFN presently only supports the Kermit transfer protocol
   over the dialup connection. The procedure for file transfer will
   depend on the communications software you have used. We have included
   the instructions for using Kermit with Windows 3.x Terminal on TRFN
   (http://trfn.clpgh.org/ help/terminal.html). The procedure is similar
   for other programs.

I hope it helps.

J.-C.Lerman