Re: lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST

From: Eldridge Currie
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:46:32 -0700

Doug Kaufman wrote:

> It seems that Mr. Currie downloaded the wrong file. "Lynx2-8.Zip"...
> Win95 ports see: "";

Thanks, Doug, I just downloaded LYNX_32.ZIP (630K) and had it
runnings in seconds. The only thing, now, is that I don't think
much of it. Reminded me of my days, years ago, with Vancouver
Freenet and the nerdy UNIX interface and the hideous and hard
to use Rime news groups. LYNX_32 is little or no improvement at all.

I suppose there is a use for LYNX, but unfortunately not
for me and ordinary Internet surfers. :)

Eldridge Currie
320-5895 Kincaid St.
Burnaby, BC V5G 4H9