lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Reminder

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Reminder
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 08:57:58 -0400 (EDT)

[Bob]
> >     Don't forget:  The subscription list to the Lynx-Dev list
> >will be cleared at 10:30 A.M. US/Central time today (Monday.)  If you
> >wish to continue to receive the list postings, you will need to
> >re-subscribe.
> >     If you have any problems re-subscribing, please let me know.

[Howard]
> That should not be done without first sending out info about
> lynx-announce, lynx-browsers and associated newsgroups.

[Al]
All those new features are conjectural at this time.  Please
follow the directions of our list host and re-subscribe.  Then we
can debate the ideal form of the lynx network at leisure as
before.

Forcing re-subscription will remove some entries for people who
are no longer there to receive the mail.  This will reduce delays
through the list processor and make the list do better what it
does now.  New functions can be added if we have the committed
resources to sustain the necessary effort.  But housecleaning
does not need to wait for the dust to settle on innovation.

Al

If you are wondering why you are not getting lynx-dev mail after
May 4, 1998, visit <http://lynx.browser.org/> and re-subscribe
following the instructions linked from the start page there.