Re: lynx-dev url shortcuts not working?

From: Kenneth Shaffer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev url shortcuts not working?
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 10:36:25 -0400 (EDT)

> > > It does work with: Lynx Version 2.8pre.3 on: OSF1 unicorn V4.0 564 alpha

> > it also works with the same Lynx version on an SGI with IRIX 5.3 .

I went back to 2.8rel.2 and it fails there too. Perhaps I'm building wrong?

        make distclean
        export CC=cc
        ./configure --prefix=/home/kshaffer/lynx
        make install
        make install-help

uname -m -r -s -v: SunOS 5.6 Generic sun4u

Perhaps worthy of note is that I'm behind a proxy server which is configured
correctly, as works fine, but just going to cnn doesn't.

Did you notice that "http://"; wasn't preceeding the "guessing" strings in the
traces? Shouldn't they?

Ken Shaffer
Sun Microsystems, Inc. ( )
"Where the Sun shines year 'round in South Florida"