lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Borland/DOS compilation problem

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Borland/DOS compilation problem
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 07:36:44 -0400 (EDT)

980515 Jenny Lin wrote to me after a previous note via TD:
> I want to install lynx 2.8 for win 95, but there are even more errors.
> INSTALLATION says I need  zlib  &  pdcurses  when installing for win 32,
> so I downloaded  zlib.zip  &  pdcurs23.zip ,
> but I have no idea how to use them?  Please tell me:
> 1. I boot with DOS 7.0 and use Borland C 5.0
>    to make it under the DOS prompt(make -f makefile.w32).
>    Could Borland C 5.0 work or could I make under DOS prompt?
> 2. The src\chrtrans\makew32.bat need to use makeuctb.exe,
>    but it doesn't exist. I use bcc.exe to compile makeuctb.c
>    & doesn't succeed. Does the action of makew32.bat take effect a lot?
> 3. If zlib and pdcurses are nessary, how should I use them?

first, i'm just one of the volunteers on lynx-dev & largely a spectator:
i try to give newcomers simple first-aid help if i can:
you should send all problems to  address@hidden ,
where there are people better qualified to give you advice;
i'm copying this to lynx-dev, so we'll see who's free today ...

second, can anyone help this lady with her problems?