lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Compiling Lynx 2.8rel.2

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Compiling Lynx 2.8rel.2
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 14:30:27 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm trying to compile Lynx 2.8 on two systems:
>
> SunOS rosetta-stone 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc
> SunOS ivory 5.4 generic sun4c sparc
>
> I used
>
> configure --enable-8bit-toupper --enable-color-style
> --enable-default-colors --enable-externs --enable-nsl-fork
> --enable-warnings --with-zlib
I don't see why your build wants mousemask, but the default-colors option
btw won't work except with ncurses 4.1 & up (with Solaris curses the
configure option would be ignored).

Perhaps the mouse ifdef is turned on by a conflicting (e.g., in
/usr/local/include) ncurses "curses.h".  Recent versions of gcc look in
/usr/local/include without being told.

> LYCurses.o: In function `lynx_enable_mouse':
> LYCurses.o(.text+0xc08): undefined reference to `mousemask'
> LYCurses.o(.text+0xc20): undefined reference to `mousemask'
> make[1]: *** [lynx] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/crism/src/lynx2-8/src'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

> On ivory, the Solaris 2.4 system, the compile and install are
> successful, but:
>
> ivory-6> lynx
> Floating exception (core dumped)
>
> I have no idea what's going wrong here.  I can recompile with -g (I
> think) if it's useful, but I was hoping someone here would have a
> suggestion to try first.
no idea here (a traceback might help)

--
Thomas E. Dickey