lynx-dev

lynx-dev configuring lynx 2.8

From: David Zaroski
Subject: lynx-dev configuring lynx 2.8
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:43:42 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I've run into a bit of a problem. By tring to recreate 'configure' I get
the following:

$ autoconf
configure.in:278: warning: AC_HAVE_LIBRARY is obsolete; instead use
AC_CHECK_LIB
autoconf: Undefined macros:
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP

The above was done with autoconf version 2.12, but it appears that the
configure in the distrib was generated with the following, which , as
far as I know, is not available to the general public:

# Generated automatically using autoconf version 2.12.971230

Another problem arises when trying to re-build 'aclocal.m4', aclocal 1.3
just doesn't do it. But that may be a problem with aclocal, since no error
messages are generated.

BTW, the above problems are also present in the most recent development
release of lynx.

Any help/suggestions in this matter would be most appreciated, Thanks.

 .....Dave