lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev MacLynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev MacLynx
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:49:16 -0400 (EDT)

980615 Jim Knutson wrote:
> This list is way busier than I expected!

some of us were worrying traffic was dropping recently ...

> Any chance a separate MacLynx list could be started up?

as a UNIX user, i certainly don't want to interfere between Mac fans,
but there's been a consensus (i believe) among most Lynx users
on whatever platforms that the aim should be to create  1  version of Lynx
which can be used successfully on all supported systems;
that way everyone benefits from everyone else's improvements.
another aim has been to keep users & developers on the same list,
so that the former stimulate & fertilise the latter.
the praise Lynx continues to receive from new users suggests
those aims have been generally successful.