lynx-dev

lynx-dev Can't compile with Slang

From: Mike P. Storke
Subject: lynx-dev Can't compile with Slang
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 16:46:53 -0700 (PDT)

  I've never had this problem before, and have found nothing in the lynx-dev
archives or FAQ to help me, so here goes:
I'm trying to compile 2.8 with Slang 1.2.2 (the latest and supposedly
greatest).  I had no problem doing it with .99-??, but this version just
won't work.  From the linker I get:

LYMail.o: Undefined reference to "SLsmg_Newline_Moves"

  I've checked in the Slang docs and haven't found any references to this
library routine there, either, nor have I seen anything from the changes file
that says anything was removed.
  I'm using GCC 2.8.1 on Linux 2.0.33, if you need that info.  But the problem
seems to be with the new Slang--I compiled with .99-?? (don't remember) with
no problem at all.
  Any ideas?

Mike
address@hidden