lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 12:01:21 +0100 (BST)

> send_cookies : YES / NO / TO_ORIGINATING_SITE

What's the difference between YES and TO_ORIGINATING_SITE - Cookies should
never be sent anywhere else.

One general point, can we make sure we don't follow MSIE and trick people into
accepting cookies by defaulting to quietly accept and hiding the disable
option on an obscure (advanced) options menu.  I suspect IE5 may quietly
drop the override entirely.  At the risk of having to say RTFM more often,
the default must be to prompt.