lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 03:46:57 -0700 (PDT)

re cookies:

My understanding is that currently, with lynx, cookies
are not persistent.  I suppose that means that they
do NOT end up on my disk.

IS THAT TRUE?

---

I have read in the literature, re pc's, that
cookies can be a way for Mr. Gates etc to find out
things about us.

So I have typically said NEVER to the cookies question.

Recently, with SLATE magazine, I find that it is NECESSARY
to say YES or ALWAYS, or it won't work (can't log in on
wife's password).

MY QUESTION: (am using sun shell acct) is there ANY POSSIBLE
DANGER from saying "yes" to the cookie question?

If so, what kind of danger is it?  How does it work, this
(these) dangers?

NEXT QUESTION: how does this change if lynx has PERSISTENT
cookies?

Thanks!

David