lynx-dev

lynx-dev denying cookies (was too long)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev denying cookies (was too long)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:11:43 -0400 (EDT)

980723 Mike Harris -- no not the notorious Premier of Ontario -- wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
> I understand you folks are really busy, and my apologies for bothering you.

well, we're all volunteers & some of us are experts & we try to help ...

> But I've done as much researching as I could on my own,
> my sysadmin wasn't too helpful, so now I ask you.
> Is there a way to permanently deny all cookies?

if you have access to  lynx.cfg  -- ie can change it -- ,
goto the appropriate line & make  SET_COOKIES:FALSE :
then all cookie headers will be ignored,
unless you use  -cookies , which will toggle them on again;
otherwise, you need a simple script to call up  lynx -cookies  each time;
depending on system restrictions, you can create your own  lynx.cfg ,
accessing it via  lynx -cfg=path , again using a script for convenience.

if you have shell access, you can easily compile your own Lynx:
goto  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/  for the latest 2-8,
which comes with full instructions; ask again here if necessary.