lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with lynx 2.8

From: Dave Eaton
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with lynx 2.8
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 22:44:27 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> http://domino.watson.ibm.com/resumes/IBM+Research+Resume+Web+Form.htm
> If I use lynx 2.7, near the bottom of the page, it says:
>  * Please "Cut and Paste" your resume below in ASCII format:
> and then there are about 20 blank lines in which you can put your resume.
> If I use lynx 2.8, all of the blank lines are completely missing.

The page appears to be quite a mess. The "<FORM" tag is between an
instance of "</HEAD>" and yet another "<HTML><HEAD>". There are
multiple "<BODY>" and "<TITLE>" tags (and no "<!DOCTYPE").

"Of course" the page is all formatted with tables, and Weblint complains
about a number of things, including missing "</TABLE>" tags and
overlapping "</H3>" and "<B>" tags ...

You could try writing to IBM and asking them to make appropriate
corrections to their site. I'm sure they must have someone who can do a
better job on it.

 Dave Eaton
--
 Artronic Development  - Your Web Site Solution
 12629 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 224; Phoenix, AZ 85032