lynx-dev

lynx-dev LYNX: re mozilla being PERMANENT choice (again)

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: re mozilla being PERMANENT choice (again)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 14:02:54 -0700 (PDT)

This subject has come up before, and the response
by some has been :
  NO: do not allow lynx  to choose mozilla or
  whatever as permanent id for that which-is-this-browser
  option, BECAUSE we want to force them (the sites) to
  recognize lynx as having forms, etc.

Hey, guys, we're whistling into the wind:  will never work.

The world just doesn't care about lynx-users, blind people,
  (or poor people, immigrants, black people, etc, etc, in
  our increasingly Americanized global-trading me-me-me-first
  worldwide society).

Also, probably what, 99.999%, make their web pages
via some kind of software that has a default db for
various browsers and their features.
  (And indeed there are many people using OLD versions
   lynx out there that do NOT have forms, etc, as
   well know from just reading this mailing list!)

So: suggestion: allow the options page to save that
mozilla stuff once we have set it, so we don't have to
to keep setting it, each time we run lynx.

David