lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Text based browser -- Reply to address@hidden

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Text based browser -- Reply to address@hidden
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Al Gilman wrote:
>While you can run lynx on a system with those resources, with a
>2400 baud modem you are likely to find web browsing too slow.
>Not spending money on your computer will cost you money for your
>ISP.  You can run a modem program on the 486 and use lynx from a
>shell account.  But you will pay a premium for the account.

What the heck are you talking about? You can get shell accounts for
the "industry standard" $20/month.  (Ok, I admit, the one I'm currently
using was originally $25/month but I paid for a bunch of months ahead of
time.. plus I know it wasn't the cheapest.. Since I know the people running
it I get quicker upgrades to new programs.. like lynx)

That is a really bad attitude.  Would I want to use a 2400 baud modem?
No, but apparently others can stand it.