lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.1-dev-18 keyboard wakeup oddity

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.1-dev-18 keyboard wakeup oddity
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 05:43:44 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi,
>     I am experiencing a problem with 2.8.1-dev-18 where sometimes when I
> leave
> lynx for a few seconds (or more) and come back to it, when I hit a key it
> pauses for one second before apparantly processing it.
>
> Linux 2.1.112-pre-2 (soon to be upgraded)
> 8MB RAM, 122MB HD, Ncurses 4.2, Slackware 3.4
the only thing that comes to mind wrt 'one second' is the delay time for
processing function-keys (e.g., those beginning with an escape character).
Ncurses is using 'select' with a timeout governed by the global variable
ESCDELAY.  Perhaps if you change that (make Lynx set it to a different
number of milliseconds) you would see some difference.  (I've not observed
this behavior - but am not on the same kernel).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden