lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx-Feedback

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx-Feedback
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:43:00 +0400 (MSD)

>      * Subject: lynx-dev Lynx-Feedback
>      * From: Hans-Joachim Gurt <address@hidden>
>      * Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:39:13 +0200 (CEST)
>      * Sender: address@hidden
>
> Hello,
>
> I use Lynx Version 2.8rel.2 with FreeBsd 2.2.6
> and I have a few suggestions:
>
> - Header for saved file
>   With "Print/Save to a local file" an option to append some
>   header-lines at the beginning of the file would be useful, ie.
>   "Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 23:36:10 GMT"
There is a PRETEND_BASE_TO_SOURCE statement in lynx.cfg
if you set it TRUE (default value) you got URL:... as the comment.
We may add 'Date' field the same way.

> - Bookmarks:
>   Where is the template-text for the beginning of each bookmark-file,
>   "You can delete links using the remove bookmark command..." ?
>   I would like to make this notice shorter.
Currently, this notice included automatically to _new_ bookmarks file,
i.e. when you save your first link.
Later you can edit it manually if you want so.
OK, if we change this notice people with the existing bookmarks
never see our changes :-(

> - add Bookmark-Entries for ftp:
>   only the directory-name is saved, like "/pub directory".
>   It would be better to also include the hostname, or the complete URL.
It works for me: complete url for ftp link.
I guess you had http link and html document had the title: "/pub directory"

> - remove Bookmark-Entries
>   when I remove a Bookmark-Entry with the "r"-command,
>   the screen-display is messed up:
>   * in the first line of the screen, the text
something on you site.
>     (or some other line from the Bookmark-File)
>   * in the last two lines of the screen, in  the first colums,
>     the remnants of the text "Do you really want to remove..."
>     are frozen.
>   Reloading the page does not clear these.
>
>   This does not happen when I edit the bookmarkfile
>   with the "e"-command and delete a line by hand.
>
> - update/replace Bookmark-Entries
>   When I get a www-page that says "this link has moved to...",
>   I would like to replace the existing entry in the bookmarks
>   with the new link.
>   Until now, this is tedious (make new entry, then edit bookmark-file
>   and move the last line around...)
Just save the new link and remove the old one.
Yes, the order of links will be changed in bookmark file.

> - Multi-bookmarks:
>   It would be nice to make it easier to move entries from one bookmark-
>   file to another, ie. for splitting an old Default Bookmark File.
>   Maybe this could be an external utility.
>
> - Options Menu / cookies :
>   include the option-setting for the default-handling for cookies here
>
> - Download tagged files
>   tagging in a ftp-directory does not work.
>   Any hints ?
You can download only one file at a time, not a directory *.*

> - Presentation of [INLINE], [LINK], etc :
>   On pages with lots of "[INLINE]   [LINK] " etc.
>   it would be nice to show more infos for them,
>   at least what can be seen on the Lynx List Page.
try the latest Lynx 2.8.1.devXX and set VERBOSE_IMAGES:TRUE in lynx.cfg