lynx-dev

lynx-dev make problem

From: John Poltorak
Subject: lynx-dev make problem
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 98 19:55:19 +0000

Which version of make is recommended for building lynx?

I have GNU Make v3.75 for OS/2 installed and when I run configure I
get:-

checking host system type... i386-pc-os2
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O -Zexe -Zcrtdll)
works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O -Zexe -Zcrtdll) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc.exe -E
checking for ranlib... :
checking for style of include in makefiles...
configure: error: Your make program does not support includes

Anyone know what is going wrong here?

BTW has anyone here tried using dmake instead of GNU Make?

--
John