lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev cookies

From: Jeff Wong
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cookies
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:37:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, marnie alexis friedman wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'm using lynx 2.7.2 and i know that i set it to ask me each time if i
> want to allow cookies from a certain domain.  but i can't remember how i
> set it to do that, and now i want to set it to reject all cookies.  and i
> can't figure out how to do this from any of the online help files - i can
> get to the "cookie jar" page, but that's unhelpful in summarily rejecting
> all cookies.  can you please advise me?

For Lynx 2.8, at least, and possible Lynx 2.7.2, you can go into your
lynx.cfg file, uncomment the line #SET_COOKIES:TRUE and set it to false.

The location of the lynx.cfg file can be in various locations. Usually it
will be in /usr/local/lib unless your sysadmin has set another location.
You can usually start search by first finding the path to lynx. Do a
'whereis lynx' in UNIX. The most likely path will be displayed like this:

/somewhere/something/somehow/bin/lynx

lynx.cfg might then be in:

/somewhere/something/somehow/lib/lynx.cfg

If you don't have write access to this file, copy it to your home
directory, make changes to it, and launch lynx using the
'-cfg=path/to/your/lynx.cfg' option. Relative path (to your working dir)
is also acceptable. Alias this to the 'lynx' command to save on typing in
the future.

If your system doesn't have a lynx.cfg file at all, you can grab a default
one from the source code. The lynx distribution can be reached from
lynx.browser.org.

-- Jeff Wong Phone: 650-425-5321 DHL Systems, Inc. Fax: 650-425-5018 700
Airport Blvd., Suite 300 email: address@hidden Burlingame, CA 94010
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jeffwong