lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx-Editor problem

From: Roving Reporter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx-Editor problem
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 01:04:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Doug Kaufman wrote:
>On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Philip Webb wrote:
>> (1) call up Lynx with a script, ie an executable file called eg `mylynx',
>> which contains the single line `lynx -cfg=~/mypath';
>> (2) add to  .cshrc  the line `setenv LYNX_CFG_FILE ~/mypath';
>> in both cases: no quotes, substitute appropriately for `mypath'.
>
>Just to clarify - Do either (1) or (2); you don't need both. The first
>shell script, as written, will ignore any other command line parameters.
>Shell scripts should generally not be written in csh or tcsh, although
>this simple one should work. Try the following shell script instead:
>
>#!/bin/sh
>lynx -cfg=$HOME/mypath $*
>
>The environment variable to override the built-in lynx.cfg path is
>actually LYNX_CFG. So you could do:
>
>setenv LYNX_CFG ~/mypath
>
>The first choice is more secure. Note that "mypath" is the name of your
>configuration file, relative to your home directory. You might want to
>call it "lynx.cfg" or "mylynx.cfg" instead.

OK, I've got my own configuration file, but I still have trouble with the
editor. I put a line in my .cshrc file as follows:

alias lynx 'lynx -cfg=$HOME/mylynx.cfg'

I've got both TERM and TERMINFO defined as vt100.
TERMCAP is several lines long ('printenv')

The problem has not gone away. Any more suggestions? What kind of
compilation could cause this kind of error perhaps?
* Therese Shellabarger      -     address@hidden *
* http://www.concentric.net/~tlshell/   Shalom chaverot! *
* See Deaf Expo at http://www.deafexpo.org/              *