lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Lynx-2.8.1dev20 and DJGPP

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx-2.8.1dev20 and DJGPP
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 10:54:18 +0200 (CEST)

Wayne Buttles said:

>> In a few words, what is the main problem with FTP/NEWS in
>> Lynx/djgpp ?
>
> Lynx connects to the server, but lynx never sees a responce.  I haven't
> veryfied that the server sends the responce back to the correct place
but
> I have verified that the host sees the client and at least knows the
> originating address.

One error I found is that HTftp.c uses `getsockname()' which is the
original non-BSD function. It should use `getsockname_s()' instead.
Hence rubbish gets returned in `sockaddr *'. No wonder it never opens a
ftp data-connection; it listen's to a random sockaddr.

Using `int' for `sock_type*' as the 1st argument apparently works under
some DPMI host. Under CWSDPMI one should get a page-fault for sockets
below 4096.

Well, so much for not using `gcc -Wall' and prototypes for everything.

An OTOH patch for <tcp.h> would simply be:

 #ifdef DJGPP
 ..
+#define getsockname getsockname_s
 ..