Re: lynx-dev correct </form> syntax in options menu

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev correct </form> syntax in options menu
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:19:21 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Leonid Pauzner said:

> While looking into trace mode I found out that form-based options menu
> have several HTML errors:

The HTML 3.0 DTD, for example, indicates that </option> is
optional, not must-be-absent.

        selected (selected) #IMPLIED
        value  CDATA  #IMPLIED -- default to element content --
        shape %SHAPE; #IMPLIED -- for graphical selection menus --
        disabled (disabled) #IMPLIED -- unselectable option --
        error CDATA #IMPLIED   -- why this choice is in error --

The " - O " in the content model only gets strengthened to "closing
tag forbidden" in the case of empty elements, I believe.

Is this right?  Any SGML readers around?