lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:34:23 +0900 (JST)

> So if you mean "I will avoid going through the upgrade hassle twice, by
> waiting for security fixes", that makes sense.  If you're holding back

That's exactly what I meant.  You said you might be running a fine comb
through the whole /tmp security problem.  I trust you and your skills.
I feel it is worth waiting for, unless it takes too much time and a lot
more is added to Lynx.  From my point of view, there is another serious
bug.  If it gets fixed, I'll bite the bullet, and go "through the upgrade
hassle."  (Of course I'm talking about the captive-account/student-access
Lynx I run, not the personal one I try to keep up to date.)

> when I would have time...  I'm still dealing with lots of issues
> relating to having bought a house; and my group at work is busier than
> usual.  So my time is rather thin.

I certainly want the best for you and your family, and have no
intention of rushing you.  "Whenever" is fine.  Like you say, the
problem's been there the whole time.

__Henry