Re: lynx-dev internal links

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev internal links
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:33:23 -0400 (EDT)

> 980903 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > talking about experimental, let's go back to the issue
> > of Klaus' "internal links".  I left them in 2.8 with the understanding
> > that consensus is that we'd remove them for the next release.
> > Is that correct?  (Removing them is simpler than adding them ;-).
> you're going to have to remind people what this issue is about ...

(If Fote were still connected, he'd send out a dissertation on the topic).

The gist is that Lynx can be configured to recognize links within a
document that don't behave the way Fote interpreted someone's draft
proposal.  (He's more than likely correct, but spent a lot of words without
pinpointing the exact issue - ading words to an argument doesn't make it
cleared).  It's in the code now, but not normally activated.

> SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : address@hidden

Thomas E. Dickey