lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYMessages_en.h

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYMessages_en.h
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:53:34 -0400

On Thu, Sep 10, 1998 at 01:32:29PM +0400, Anton Bobykin wrote:
>       First, thanks for all, who help me with select box. Yes, the trouble was
> with ncurses.
>       I live in Russia and I'm trying to make lynx speak russian. AFAIK the
> most
> messages that appears in lynx located in LYMessages_en.h file, but other
> can be found in *.c files. I suppose that's not good. I think all text
> messages, which can be appeared, should be in one file. Am I right? And
> another question. Where can I find LYMessages_ru.h file or can place my own
> (which I have translated)? I think locale support is a right thing for any
> project.
>
> Thanx

Better locale support is a long-standing request. A beta version of Lynx
with international language support is available, but most messages are
not yet tagged nor translated. You can find it at:

ftp://sol.slcc.edu/pub/lynx/current/lynx2-8-1-dev25-intl.tar.gz

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
My capacity for happiness you could fit in a matchbox...
(without taking the matches out first)