lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx color and screen

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: lynx-dev lynx color and screen
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 20:23:07 -0400 (EDT)

I just discovered why lynx wasn't showing color all of a sudden the
other day.  When I run lynx from my shell prompt
I get color (lynx built with slang and with show_color set to "always").

However, when I run lynx from inside screen, no matter
what I do the color won't show.

So this is probably a screen problem and not a lynx problem???

Does anyone understand the workings of screen and if so,
can you tell me if there's a workaround?  Does screen have it's
own term database or something?  How does screen interact with slang
and/or ncurses?

Oh well -- at least I found out where the problem was.
Any and all info welcome!  Thanx!
--le