lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev DOS patch for dev.26

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev DOS patch for dev.26
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:18:17 +0900 (JST)

> P.S. if this file is a mess, please forgive. trying to do a spelling
> check.

Blush!  Trying again:

> Lastly, now that we are distributing lynx as a bzip2 file, it seems
> that lynx ought to recognize bzip2 files

For sure.  Wasn't the problem that we wanted table handling rather than
the kind of if-else/switch-case that's there for .Z and .gz?  I think
Bela already gave lynx-dev hints on how to do the quick hack.

Another consideration is that bzip2 in its latest form is a library,
and the binary has become just a wrapper/interface.  I started, but
got helplessly bogged down, trying to work in a libbzip2 interface
alternative to the present libz one.  The author of bzip2, Julian
Seward, is anxious to have people use his library, so I think there
might be a little support from that corner should someone want to work
on that.

__Henry

PS what macro could I put in .exrc to use ispell from vi called from
mail using tilde-v?  I seem to be losing my file (mind?).