lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.28 and FORMS_OPTIONS problems

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.28 and FORMS_OPTIONS problems
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 21:30:51 -0400 (EDT)

> On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 address@hidden wrote:
>
> (quoting me)
> > > I am not sure that the forms-based option menu is ready for the 2.8.1
> > > release.
> > so far I think it's ok as 'experimental' (I'm using it).
>
> Sorry, I should have been more clear. I think that Leonid recently
> asked if anyone objected to the forms-based option being the default.
> What I meant to say is that I think that we need to debug it more
> before making it the default. The section that bothers me the most
> is the multi-bookmark section, since that has been hard for many
> new users to configure with the old option menu. It seems much more
> difficult with the forms-based option menu. In general, I like the
> concept of the forms-based option menu.
I understood that - but didn't have a list of pros/cons for changing
the default in the configure script.  I'm not using the multi-bookmark
code, for example, having only noted that it would make the forms processing
a lot simpler if only one variable recorded the state (I suppose that in
untangling it, I'd find out more about the feature & maybe use it ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden