lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.28

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.28
Date: 20 Sep 1998 13:13:27 -0500

>>>>> "d" == dickey  <address@hidden> writes:

d> That ought to do it for the development patches - if no one finds anything
d> broken, I'll make a pre-release version on the weekend.

d> We need to test this on VMS and the djgpp/win32 platforms.  It seems to
d> run properly on Unix (Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, SunOS, IRIX) and OS/2 EMX.

Some pathname things that were broken one way before in OS/2 are now
broken another way :)

Take a look at a directory on another drive than the one Lynx is run
from (dired), and try to do a rename or chmod on a file.  It used to
start looking up localhostc or localhostd...that problem is fixed, but
now it tries to find the file without the drive letter, i.e.:

file://localhost/incoming/lynx2.8.1.tar.gz instead of
file://localhost/c:/incoming/lynx2.8.1.tar.gz

This is less broken than I had left it (I could never find that
problem), but still doesn't work.  Also, now that the EMX version uses
HTdos.c, there are some compiler warnings (discarded const)...I
haven't seen any associated problems yet, though.

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |