Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.28

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.28
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 15:17:06 -0400 (EDT)

> d> That ought to do it for the development patches - if no one finds anything
> d> broken, I'll make a pre-release version on the weekend.
> d> We need to test this on VMS and the djgpp/win32 platforms.  It seems to
> d> run properly on Unix (Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, SunOS, IRIX) and OS/2 EMX.
> Some pathname things that were broken one way before in OS/2 are now
> broken another way :)
> Take a look at a directory on another drive than the one Lynx is run
> from (dired), and try to do a rename or chmod on a file.  It used to
> start looking up localhostc or localhostd...that problem is fixed, but
> now it tries to find the file without the drive letter, i.e.:
> file://localhost/incoming/lynx2.8.1.tar.gz instead of
> file://localhost/c:/incoming/lynx2.8.1.tar.gz
I'll look & see if I spot the problem.  (I'll have to re-test on OS/2
anyway, to see that my fixes are stable).
> This is less broken than I had left it (I could never find that
> problem), but still doesn't work.  Also, now that the EMX version uses
> HTdos.c, there are some compiler warnings (discarded const)...I
> haven't seen any associated problems yet, though.
well, we're getting closer (I think).
Does the program connect on the network?  I don't have a way to test that
on OS/2 (maybe another time, but I didn't get a workable driver installed
for that).

Likewise, it'd be nice to see that it builds/runs/connects with Borland C.
I don't remember any feedback there recently (it's been all djgpp).

> | Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |

Thomas E. Dickey