lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.1

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.1
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:23:14 -0400 (EDT)

> - The startfile is read twice when
> STARTFILE:file://localhost/home/ismael/.bookmarks.html
>
> - The "Modify location/Change location" command doesn't work a at all. It
> doesn't accept sub-directories in the current directory, full pathes, ".."
> (Alert!: Destination is not a valid directory! Request denied.) or "~"
> (Alert!: Unable to get status of '/tmp/ismael/~'.)
will see (perhaps that was from dev29)

> - When quitting the options menu, with FORMS_OPTIONS:TRUE, Lynx always
> reloads the previous document, even if no changes are made in the options.
>
> - Having compiled it with slang 1.2.2 and with "enable-warnings" on Solaris
> 2.5 and FreeBSD 2.2.7, I noticed that some warnings were the same in both
> platforms. Here they are:
I usually compile with warnings (so I'm aware of these).

short of copying data into temporary buffers, those const warnings won't
go away (and even copying them wouldn't work - there's too many machines
that have strcpy as
        extern char *strcpy(char *dst, char *src);
to match the ones with
        extern char *strcpy(char *dst, const char *src);

The unsigned warnings are doable (but I'm not going to use casts - that
obscures rather than fixing the problem).  But that sort of thing is what
I do _early_ in a development cycle (e.g., I'll do more during the 2.8.2
development, but for 2.8.1 it's stable).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden