lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev download problem with lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev download problem with lynx
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 17:33:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Donald Raikes wrote:

> I installed lynx v2.8 w32 bersion a couple ofc weeks ago. Every time I try
> to download a file from the internet, I get to the screen that says:
>
> "save to disk"
> and lynx locks up I can't save the file to disk, I can't exit lynx, in
> fact, I can't even run a dos application after that point without rebooting
> my pc.

I think I see the problem. You can confirm this if trace (activated by
CTRL-T) is working in the win32 port.

# If SAVE_SPACE is defined, it will be used as a path prefix for the
# suggested filename in "Save to Disk" operations from the 'p'rint or
# 'd'ownload menus.  On VMS, you can use either VMS (e.g., "SYS$LOGIN:")
# or Unix syntax (including '~' for the HOME directory).  On Unix, you
# must use Unix syntax.  If the symbol is not defined, or is zero-length
# (""), no prefix will be used, and only a filename for saving in the
# current default directory will be suggested.
# This definition will be overridden if a "LYNX_SAVE_SPACE" environment
# variable has been set on Unix, or logical has been defined on VMS.
#
SAVE_SPACE:c:\pub

I think lynx will interpret this as "c:pub". Try "c:\\pub" or "c:/pub"
and see if saving works. I think lynx is seeing an invalid directory.
                            Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)