lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: Missing stuff, and no hint it is gone:

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: Missing stuff, and no hint it is gone:
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:44:40 -0700 (PDT)

> From address@hidden Mon Sep 28 07:54:34 1998
> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:47:08 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden>
>
> On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, David Combs wrote:
>
> > What is missing is the word after "with a period of".  You can tell from
> > the English that something is missing, but there is no hint of what it
> > might be -- a picture, a graf, who knows. Maybe the writer just left it
> > out, typing fast without paying close attention, the way sometimes do
> > myself, when actually there IS something there, Lynx just can't show it.
> >
> > It was only after several of these seeming ommissions that I
> > decided to look via \.
>
> If you had enabled links for all images you would have seen what was
> "missing":
>
> | Downsampling
> |
> |  [invis_anchor.xbm]-[invis_anchor.xbm] The dual operation of upsampling
> |  is downsampling. It is defined as follows:

Ok, thanks much for the suggestion.

QUESTION: what do most people do for that, in the .cfg?

SUGGESTION: if it is turned off (or maybe regardless),
  some way to say that "IMAGES NOT HINTED AT: 43",
  so at least we KNOW that that many are missing.

  Should be on the page we are then watching -- so that
   we are informed of it, at least.

   Maybe no msg at all if there are none -- or are less
    than some minimal (settable) number, eg 5.

 SUGGESTION: I believe this option is only via lynx.cfg.  Perhaps
   it is the kind of thing one would like to TOGGLE interactively,
   and could be added to the o)ptions page?

Thanks

David

PS: hey, that options page is getting really neat, what with
  the ability to see the cfg-stuff too!

  Nice work!