lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : comments

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : comments
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 08:11:39 -0400 (EDT)

> Allen Smith wrote:
> > uname -a. The IRIX version should be after the hostname... although
> > I'm not sure why you're wanting it, since you say "IRIX 5.3". BTW,
> > what luck regarding curses/ncurses/slang? I've not been able to get
> > either of the latter two to work properly on IRIX, and the first (on
> > lynxen since 2-7, after FANCY_CURSES stopped being defined for the
> > IRIX curses) doesn't work very well.
>
> `configure` defines FANCY_CURSES if the following 9 symbols are
> available in your curses headers/library:

I don't have 5.3 - but the last build that I did under 5.2 worked properly,
as do the others (such as IRIX 6.2).

(It's been a few months, but the configure script's checks for curses haven't
changed).  To analyze, we need the config.log (to see what went wrong),
and the config.cache and config.status files (to see what the configure script
did with the information).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden