lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Anyone using mail.yahoo.com ?

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anyone using mail.yahoo.com ?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:21:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Platform: dev.10 lynx, SPARC Solaris 2.5.1, ncurses, Sun compiler,
> configured to always accept all cookies.
>
> i notice today that i am having some real problems accessing the above
> web site.  Most of the time I am receiving an error when lynx is trying
> to read.  However, I did get into the site twice.  The first time I did,
> I had invoked lynx with -cookies, to see if turning off cookies made
> a difference.  I got in, but then I got an error about problems with
> cookies not being accepted.  So I exited, started up again with cookies
> set, and the site seemed a bit better - except that after I got in initially
> I started getting the network read errors again.
>
> I wonder if one of the recent changes might have broken things.

Hmmm. I just created a login there, and was able to send and check mail
properly.  Can you give a better idea of what exactly you were doing when
this happened?

I did notice yahoo was sending cookies with invalid domains, this might be
an indication that the site is broken in other ways... I tried it both
using -accept_all_cookies and without, and looks okay to me.

--
GPG & PGP public keys: <URL:http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/keys/>
PGP fingerprint: 42 57 B3 D2 39 8E 74 C3  5E 4D AC 43 25 D2 26 D4