lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx 2.8.1pre.11

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx 2.8.1pre.11
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:00:03 -0400 (EDT)

981020 Philip Greer wrote:
> I've downloaded 2.8 pre 11

that's a good first step

> and got the same thing. I'm not sure what you meant by sending a trace
> with ^t to you, as the trace I was able to find information about
> is a WWW trace in lynx. Again, here is what I got running 2.8 pre 11
>
> Dalcon> ./lynx -trace
> Trace Log open failed.  Trace off!.
> Dalcon> ./lynx
>
> A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.1pre.11
>
> IOT/Abort trap(coredump)
> Dalcon>

ok, this looks rather basic:  ^t  should create a file  lynx.trace
in your home directory: if it can't do that, something's wrong.

Doug Kaufman replied thro' lynx-dev re the Wyse 50/60 part:
you can find that in the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev/ .

i try to answer basic queries as volunteer 1st-aid help desk,
but you need advice from someone else more knowledgeable.
i'll copy this to lynx-dev:
in future, send e-mails to them, not me:
i'll still see them, but so will everyone else.