lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev status

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev status
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 07:42:42 -0400 (EDT)

981024 Thomas Dickey commented on Main Help Page (revised):
>       + there's no link to RP's Lynx Home Page
>         (it's still active; I saw no discussion on dropping it).

i dropped the link to  lynx.browser.org  for the reason i stated:
it's right at the top of Lynx Links & itself sends you straight to L.L.;
it's easy to put it back if people want it, but why?

>       + stretching the text across several pages does make it a little
                                     ^^^^^^^ `two'
>         less obvious what to do (though I find the current one cramped).

really everyone, you've got to be consistent:
you can't keep complaining that i've left things out
& also complain it's not on a single screen
& also complain it's not obvious enough what to do with things:
as i said before, choose 2 out of 3 .
the present document is opaque, cramped & somewhat out-of-date.

> I have one more pass of testing, will look again (and see the responses)
> before deciding if I'll put it in 2-8-1.

so far, there have been  2  apparently favorable responses (DC LR + PW)
&  2  explicitly neutral (LWV NHE): i believe i've responded to suggestions.
do we make progress or not?