lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx bookmarks bug?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx bookmarks bug?
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 00:57:14 -0500 (EST)

981106 Ismael Cordeiro wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Philip Webb wrote:
>> someone asked:
>>> On my lynx bookmarks page (version 2.8rel2, SCRI-net version 2.2 beta),
>>> r, y was not removing the highlighted link, but the link immediately
>>> preceding it.
>> this is a well-known bug with the bookmark page,
> Well known?! Can you give some references of reports of that "bug"?

i don't like saying simply: "Go & look in the Archive",
but it's there more than once, tho' not recently;
certainly, i raised it early in 1997 (i believe).
the fact is that `r' doesn't reliably do what it is supposed to:
there may be a case for tidying up how bookmarks work,
as yet another piece of antediluviana
from a more primitive era in Lynx development,
but someone else can tackle it.