lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev protection 444 for fr.po

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev protection 444 for fr.po
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:01:25 +0900 (JST)

> You contradict yourself: .po and .pot files have comments for filename/line
> info, if you remove it you easily fall into such a problem.

I was too brief.  I didn't actually "lose" the strings (after all I made
them in the first place :).  What I meant was that after running xgettext
with the -j option (updating) writing to my previously constructed po file,
about half of the strings that were translated did not carry over to the
new file.  I'm not sure what is best to do in this case.  Rather than
try to write a gawk script to move the msgstr to the new msgid, it will
probably be faster to just cut-n-paste them over.  I will try to figure
out why it happened, though, so that something like this doesn't happen
in the future after Tom has it all stabilized.

> Look in LYMessages.en.h (dev2) for you lost strings, they are mostly there.
                     ^^
LYMessages_ja.h
           ^^
__Henry