lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.3

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.3
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:05:59 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, address@hidden said:

> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:16:09 -0500 (EST)
>
> * add preliminary changes from: address@hidden to support port to OS/390,
>   some ifdef'd with __MVS__, some with EBCDIC and NOT_ASCII.

Hurrah!  By dev.4, this compiles out-of-the-box and runs on OS/390.  (Well,
nearly OOTB.  I have to knock off a couple rough edges, mentioned here
previously.)

"preliminary"?  Well, I haven't even attempted testing gopher, wais, unicode,
lots of fringe stuff.

Welcome back Klaus.  I understand you're a character set manipulation expert.
I guess I've added a new dimension of complexity with the possibility of
a host that doesn't run in ASCII.

-- gil