lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev thoughts on cookie file w/multiple sessions

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev thoughts on cookie file w/multiple sessions
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:24:15 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Klaus Weide wrote:

:)On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, brian j. pardy wrote:
:)
:)> With the way I have things up there, whichever copy of Lynx is exited first
:)> will be the session with the cookie that is saved.
:)>
:)> So it's pretty much an even shot either way. I don't like this, and can't
:)> really think of a way to do handle this without (for example) timestamping
:)> individual cookies (possibly with comments in the cookie file?).
:)
:)Give each session its own cookie file, and merge them (if you wish) after
:)they are done?
:)
:)    Klaus
:)

I don't know if this comment is useful or not, but I use my Lynx_bookmarks
file is actually my Netscape file. It occurs sometimes that I add/delete a
bookmark in lynx while Netscape(3.04) is still opened. A few minutes later
I receive a message from Netscape telling me that my bookmark file has
changed and asks me if I want to reload it. Is something like that
possible with cookies or am I completely lost ?

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html