lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev gettext() question #2

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev gettext() question #2
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 13:26:02 +0900 (JST)

> Right. But we need to know for sure the gettext's charset and redefine
> gettext() to enable UC translation in lynx.

Sorry it's taken me so long to understand what you were getting at.

What you propose may actually be quite simple to implement, if it isn't
already.  Xgettext produces, and msgfmt refuses to compile any file that
does not have, a "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=" line.  This string
is preserved, in ascii not binary form, in the lynx.mo file that the
running Lynx is referring to.  You do "know for sure" what the charset
of the current message catalogue is.

__Henry