lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev on caching (long)

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev on caching (long)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 05:41:54 -0500 (EST)

> Amazingly enough address@hidden said:
> > > Well, I am highly impressed with libwww 5.2,
> > > it was completely rewritten and now the code clean and well documented
> >
> > otoh, using it would require rewriting large chunks of lynx - since
> > lynx and the libwww have diverged.
>
> But, haven't you expressed interest in doing this?

sure - incrementally.  (as usual, the topic comes up when my queue's full ;-)
right now I'm looking at finishing off the two large global changes (gettext
and HTSprintf), which will take us up to late December.  LP's suggested we
put out 2.8.2 when that's done.

That would work for me, since I've a short term project that'll make me
rather busy for about a month.

(Since I got bogged down in HTSprintf, I didn't get a third bugfixes for
2.8.1 put together - I'll try to get that done early next week so we can
discuss whether to make a 2.8.1rel.3)

> For some reason, I'm reminded of the api changes done with the various
> versions of the IJG's jpeg library.

I've noticed that - but am not sure that they did finally stabilize.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden