lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev avoiding screen refresh after partial display

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev avoiding screen refresh after partial display
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 19:51:19 +0300 (MSK)

> Please test the appended patch.

> Notes:

> I hope this will also work for slang and for non-Unix.  But no promises.

> The size_change(0) in the initial start_curses() for NCURSES did leave
> recent_sizechange set (for me), which shouldn't be needed.  size_change(0)
> for slang doesn't set recent_sizechange at all.
Thanks, that was a problem.

> This may put too much knowledge about partial display into display_page,
> but it felt safer to put the information (which lines were shown during
> last partial) with the object that is affected (the HText *) rather than
> relying on global flags. Leonid: this probably duplicates Newline_partial
> and NumOfLines_partial, but should work independently of them.  I didn't
> try to follow all the logic involved for them.

I will look more closely,
but now I feel a problem: besides just viewing the incremental rendering
we may also scroll the screen by scroll keys in partial mode.
It require a complete page redisplay but I think it will not.

Newline_partial and NumOfLines_partial also used in LYpop() and LYpop_num(),
so they should be global (unless we add them to `document' struct which
will add more confision and unnecessary complication.)