lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Textarea probls and wishes

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Textarea probls and wishes
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 07:50:07 -0500 (EST)

981127 Esa Pikkarainen wrote:
> I use Lynx from home via 9600 modem.
> Often I have to use www services that have forms with textarea fields.
> Once you step to a row you can only use up and down to navigate

use  ^v  to enter any Lynx command, esp eg  12g  (goto 12th row):
i assume you are using the latest Lynx 2-8-1.

> The Textarea could be edited in editor like comments and mailto links;
> either in line editor or the user's specified Editor

all this needs is someone to do the necessary coding,
incl a switch to disable it for anonymous users for security.
if you are good enough at C, by all means submit a patch to do this:
lots of other people will be pleased too (smile).