lynx-dev

]Re: lynx-dev Keymap printing patch

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: ]Re: lynx-dev Keymap printing patch
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:01:22 -0500 (EST)

Doug Kaufman wrote:
======
I am not sure that this code is really a good idea. I am stil trying
to understand what you are trying to accomplish with this. See my
reply to your other message in regard to a change in LYStrings.c that
may do what you want. Perhaps you can try to explain again what it is
that you think that lynx should be doing, but is not.
======

The supplied patch fixed (at least one) a bug in lynx: a lot of
bindings were not printed, say, the binding for

Remove key  DOWN_TWO      go forward two lines in the document

It also allowed one to see *all* the currently present bindings.  This
is important for debugging purposes - both at the user preferences
level, and lynx mainainance level.

Ilya

P.S.  Btw, any reason to name the "Backspace" key as "Delete", and
      the "Delete" key as "Remove" in the bindings?

P.P.S.  I'm not subscribed, and the list archives is terribly
        misconfigured, which makes replying via archive a PITA.
        Please consider Ccing me.