lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with newer versions of Lynx

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with newer versions of Lynx
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:46:06 +0300 (MSK)

> On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Alex G Bardsley wrote:

>> Hi-- I've been having problems accessing articles at the website of the
>> South China Morning Post (see URL below) with newer versions of Lynx
>> (2.8rel.2 at my new ISP, 2.8.1dev.7 at Digex). Version 2.7 works fine, but
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> while Digex made that available as "lynx.old", Radix does not.  Any
>> suggestions?  Thanks, Alex <address@hidden>
>>

>> Lynx Version 2.8rel.2
>>
>> File that you are currently viewing
>>
>>    Linkname: Full Story
>                         ^^

> Those characters (or: that multibyte character) should not occur in
> a URL.  Is it something that is in the HTML source of the referring
> page?

>    Klaus

There was a problem with translating entities in URLs (LYCharUtils.c):

1998-05-02 (2.8.1dev.8)
* Fix for CGI-related URLs processing (syntax:  ?x=1&yz=2).  To avoid interfere
  with SGML we restrict '=' as terminator for a named entity, this only applied
  for HREF= attribute translation (LYCharUtils.c).  (reported by Alex Matulich
  address@hidden & FM).  - LP

1998-05-23 (2.8.1dev.13)
* supply missing "break", which was forcing raw utf-8 output in URLs (NOT hex
  escaped) - LP