lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: unanswered query: defining VIEWER

From: A K S
Subject: lynx-dev Re: unanswered query: defining VIEWER
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 17:50:04 PST

I eventually figured out the solution to this one by myself.
It's very simple, which is probably why my initial query went
unanswered.
Here's what I did:
1) define filetypes in lynx.cfg ---> SUFFIX:.jpg:image/jpeg
2) create mailcap file in lynx home folder and insert line:
   image/jpeg; ACDSEE32 %s
3) set path to ACDSEE32 in lynx.bat

Hopefully, this helps others like me who aren't Lynx wizards.

981128 Atram A K wrote:
> I'm using Lynx 2.8.1 in Windows95, and I'd like to be able to have
> the option of either downloading or running certain filetypes
> (e.g. wav, jpeg, gif).  I'm not sure how to call the apps from
lynx.cfg.
> Here's an example I tried, but didn't work:
> VIEWER:image/jpeg:c\:/windows/programf/acdsee32 "%s":NON_XWINDOWS
> The backslash looks ugly, but lynx.cfg says I need it there.
> I have quotes around %s because Acdsee32 requires quotes
> if the filename has a space in it.

i have never tried to do this,
but a quick look at  lynx.cfg  suggests you have to define the mime type
using the  SUFFIX  section to get  .jpg  =  image/jpeg .
can anyone else offer enlightenment?
should  lynx.cfg  be a bit more explicit in its instructions?