lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev http://www.att.com/iadvantage/

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev http://www.att.com/iadvantage/
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:07:34 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> > On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, John David wrote:
> >
> > > I am attempting to access http://www.att.com/iadvantage/  with no luck.
> > >
> > > The page says I do not have a compliant browser (I am using Lynx 2.8.1
> > > for
> > > alpha)
> >
> > What kind of problems are you having? I could access the page and all its
> > links even with Lynx 2.7.2.
>
> do you have your user agent set to a particular value?  (I visited the
> page and got the same message; did not take the time to trace and find
> the cause yet)

When I went to this site, I get the message when using lynx as user
agent.  When spoofing with Mozilla/4.03, it redirects to a SSL site,
"https://www.iadvantage.att.com/";, but I got an error from the SSL proxy
that the certificate could not be verified. I am using eassl. I got the
same problem when actually using Netscape 4.03 from Windows 3.11.